Saturday, May 3, 2014

More than a claim...

I always wonder when a person likes some thing or someone so much as to call it love, would they be able to sacrifice for that thing or person? Or is it really 'love' if I won't change me, tackle challenges, adapt my lifestyle, do whatever I shall, for the sake of what I love? How deep do we really think about the word 'love'?Or is it just enough to like something a lot without wanting to 'do' anything to achieve it, keep it, appreciate it, or just for the sake of love itself?...
Old Persian sayings have that man becomes a real man when he falls in love...perhaps because love is demanding...in order to get what you 'can't live without', you must be molded...must be good enough...and I'm not talking about a typical "I love you" we may tell others as a common thing...but the love that changes, molds, humbles, takes you up and down, squeezes you, makes you cry, gives you so much hope that you don't see its end..the love that CHANGES you, makes you reflect upon you and your ways...and do what it takes, no matter what, to be worthy of that...of course I'm not just thinking about love between people but also things...if you love art, you'll do anything to be a great artist, an art admirer, whose artistic nature is transparent through his appearance...or if a girl wishes to be attractive, she does anything, sometimes painful, to get there...
Today, I was thinking I say I love my parents, I love to be a knowledgeable and strong believer, I like to be physically fit and strong, and many other goals that I have...but the extent of my love is...perhaps how much time I spend on each of them...It's easy to claim I love my parents...but do I really?...so if they are so valuable to me, how much of my daily time am I spending on them?...same goes for other things and people...It's easy to say "I love"...but a measure of how I really love is what I do for that person or thing or goal...and to what extent will I go to change to cater to that love....
Talking is easy...but actions are valuable...they say if you wish to know your true friends, see who sticks by you in a difficult situation, when it's easier for them not to stay with you, but they do it anyways...or they say if you want to know if a person likes you a lot, see whether he or she is willing to give you something that is most precious to him or  her...or if they are not rich but they spend their money or what they got for you...
I was rethinking about how I spend my days, and whether I spend my moments for what I claim to love or like a lot...

No comments:

Post a Comment