Friday, May 16, 2014

Is it my part to control?

I've been thinking about 'what does it mean to be content?'...many times we have heard it is about being happy with what you got...I think it's true but has more depth to it than just that...I'm usually the person who makes it happen when I want something...Although there may be so many obstacles in my way, I've always loved to take the challenge and try really hard to get what I wanted-and I mostly got it, in different ways (sometimes I learnt after, I could have done better without getting what I desired most and ended up in a confused state!)...sometimes when I knew I'm pushing too hard, and perhaps the best way is not what I think it is, I still kept going...
I always thought I am the one in control, of course, God is monitoring everything too...
But it's an old philosophical argument of how much control does man really have? some say, destiny is already planned beforehand and we have no control...some say, everything is in our hands, and no force is at it...but some say it's a mixture of both...my decisions and control plus a destiny that has been somewhat determined...the latter sounds right to me...
Yet if it does, it means there is only so much I can control-or better said, I should try to control only so much...and depend on the so called destiny or the 'force' behind it to help me beyond that...well I call that force God...
Perhaps being content is not merely being happy with what you've got, but admitting that there is so much you must control, and doing your best at that, but being happy with the outcome, whatever it maybe...of course there are some conditions that need to be met...firstly, the belief in a personal God who is wise and have all power over your life...secondly, that He loves you and when you trust Him, you don't just say the word 'trust' with your mouth, but deeply believe in it with your heart...So the part you don't get to control is actually controlled by a loving, caring God, who knows what is best for you, and sees your efforts ceaselessly....I am content and calm, and I have felt so many times when God's hands were supporting me, sometimes when I was really desperate, down, or didn't expect a big help...I have witnessed miracles, and that is all because of Him...

No comments:

Post a Comment